Wednesday, December 16, 2009
My beautiful, kind husband Ray is always wanting to by me something that I really don't want
for Christmas. Yeah I said ! What??
While I appreciate the very kind very kind jester, it can be rather frustrating to me.
Each year I try to help the brother out by telling him,
" Just get me a gift certificate and call it a day!" He sometimes, as Bug Bunny would say, " He just don't git it!" This year I'm gonna have to ambush the brother and do my own shopping. You know people, kinda direct him where he should go. So this is for all you wonderful people who have artist in your life and don't have a clue as to what to give 'em!!
1. Give them a gift certificate to their favorite art store. Like PearlPaint, or Jerry's Artist Supply, or Dick Blick! Yeah that's the ticket!!!
2. Corel as wonderful software for the artist in your life. I actually did this picture with Corel
Painter 11! And no, I ain't bein' paid by the company for this! If it's someone who is into animation purchase this wonderful animation software from Fablevisionlearning.com by artist
Peter H Reynolds. Very inexpensive and Fun! Great for the young artist.
3. Give them as a blank artist journal with some colorful pens. They will love you for it
I promise! So Ra.... I mean people save yourself the headache and try some of these things out
he he he!!
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Wishing with all my heart, might and soul that you and yours will have the most blessed and happiest Holiday. And may good things be hatched in the New Year!!!
Here are some of my Holiday wishes for you.
1. That you will grow where you are planted. ( If you don't like where you are stop complaining about it and do something about it!) Stop giving all your power and authority to people who don't care about you. You care about you!!! You are valuable and precious. A promise!!!
2. That you will dream bigger than yourself! ( You can't share your dreams with everybody.
Sometimes you are already battling your own self doubt why bring someone else's negativity into the mix. Remember, you can't put a 18x24 vision in a 3x5 card mind! Get somewhere quite and dream as big as you want. Write it down or draw it out. If you don't have a vision for it you won't know how to handle it when it comes. Feel the joy of it. Feel the
moment and watch what happens! Dreams really do come true he he he!!
3. That you will have all the encouragement and support you need when you need it most. ( Who have you encouraged in the last 30 days? Heck, when was the last time you encouraged You he he he??? When we give even the smallest bit of encouragement to someone we get a bigger return. You get to make someone feel so special and this creates more good energy! Some of you will never ever know how much you have encouraged and supported me. I could just cry thinking about it. Your words have been like medicine to me. Giving me much laughter, healing and comfort. I wish you all the same. Hugs a plenty!