Friday, November 28, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Hello All You talented people,
Well it seems I've been tagged again. Twice this month even! I have to keep my
eyes peeled cause you just don't know when you'll get it! My friend Joanie of appleheadart.blogspot.com/
tagged me. She is a fantastic artist and illustrator. I look forward to seeing what she will
post from week to week. I love her for her fresh style and color choices. They are always so tasty.
Check her out sometimes and make sure you tag her for me when you get there! he he he
This is going to be difficult to tag anyone. Everyone is getting ready for
turkey day, some of you don't have time to be tagged, and some of you have been
tagged sufficiently already, and others are in the process of being tagged right now he he he!
SO here is what I'm gonna do,
I gonna tell you stuff about me that you can share over turkey dinner.
Here we go!
1. I am a singer. Jazz, Gospel, Neo-soul. My mom, dad, and little sister Coy sang and played instruments.
2. I am a Geechee or Gullah. These are West African people who came to the islands of South Carolina during slavery. You can read more at 2Geecheegirls.blogspot.com Yeah I know, ruthless self promotion. he he he
3.I am a slave to bugs bunny and merry melodies.
4. I watch lots of Carol Brunette
5. I love Scallops. I just had my first taste of them about 3 years ago at a party. I'm hooked.
6. I clowned professionally for 7 years
7. I wear lots and lots and lots and lots of wigs. And yes, I'm bald.
8. Many people in my family share the same birthday of 10/03
9. I talk to myself all the time
10. I can tell when a centipede is in a room. It's weird, but true.
11. Some people take my kindness for weekness and stupidity. NOT!! he he he
12. Once my car was stolen out of my drive way. I saw my car while in my friends car and we followed it.
We ended up taking the car back from the thieves while they went into an apartment building. he he he
I was hit by a car when I was 5.
Okay that's enough!
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Mrs. Primbleton often wanted to give her opinion to the customers
about some of their purchases. She knew that this customer's
triple D's would never fit into the cute little demi cup bra that she'd picked out.
he he he.
My opinion: Purchase a bra that fits well and gives you good support.
The girls will thank you and so will the rest of the world.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
I received some very sad news today. My very good sisterfriend Tahalia Richardson
past last night in California. I had just spoken to my friend a couple of weeks
earlier to find out that she had a mild heart attack. Halia, as we loving called her,
had been sick most of her short life. She was only in her early 30's. We
just buried her sister Leah just a few months ago. Tahalia was so creative and funny.
She was also a fantastic singer and poet. I will never forget her beautiful ebony skin
and her amazing locs or the way she just knew when something was up! I loved her for
her comedic timing and fabulous cooking! My heart is broken today and I weep for
her 7 year old son and Mother. Hebrew, Tahalia's son, was a miracle because Tahalia was never suppose to
have children. Tahalia had lupus. She was a real trooper through it all. I'd like to think of my
very good friend as free and out of the pain and hurt in this life. I see her as totally healed, happy and free.
I love Halia forever and always.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
I'm remembering old school days of playing tag with friends. My family and I have an on going game of Tag constantly. You've got to be so careful because you never know when you'll get tagged! My crazy bunch will pretend to be injured or tell you they just want hug or anything just to lay it on ya! My friend Lisa Griffin of lisamgriffin.blogspot.com has just tagged me! I'm so very honored!
Now I have to go around and tag seven other fantastic illustrators.
Here is my list
Peter of peterbreese.blogspot.com
Kelly of perhapsidreamtoomuchalone.blogspot.com,
Mystele of Mystele.blogspot.com
Meridth, meridthgimel.blogspot.com Darrah of darrahgooden.blogspot.com
Debra of debrossart.blogspot.com
Michelle of Michellehenninger.blogspot.com
Tomas of waldowalkiria.blogspot.com
You all are such Fabulous and wonderful illustrators. Each week I look to see
what you will do to inspire and uplift. I truly love your illustrations and style.
Your the best! Now, you all have been TAGGED! he he he he.
Here are the rules.
1. Link to your tagger and post the rules.
2. Post 7 Random facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 Friends and link to them
4. Let them know that they have been tagged by leaving
a nice little message on their blog.
Okay here are somethings you might not know about me.
1. My name means butterfly in greek
2. I watch Nanny Mcphee on a regular
3. I will spend my list dollar on a children's book
4. I come from a very long line of Ministers and Singers
5. I collect tons of scrapbook paper for collage
6. I do voiceovers (like commericals and children's audio books)
7. I have never left the USA. I hope to go to Paris next year
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I love to see children create and use their imagination. It's such a gift. My nephew Ben couldn't
find his superman costume for Halloween so he created one. Children somehow
know the power of a 300 thread count sheet and a pot. he he he he
This kid would take gold fish crackers and toss them in a bowl and have an
instant house pet! You go boy! Thanks Ben you make aunt Nester proud.
Have a happy day everyone! Get out and vote!