New Book

New Book
Grandma's Purse

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Self Discovery


Truely, I could just sit all day long looking at all the beautiful blogs out there. The reason I created this blog was very simply that I needed to express and share with everyone my own brand of art. I asked myself the question, " Why are you still waiting for someone to discover you? Do yourself the greatest favor and discover yourself doing what you love!" I love to create anything and everything. Happy me! However, there are so many people that I meet and when they find out that I'm an illustrator and crafter, they of course ask, "Where can I view your artwork?" I needed them to have somewhere to go so, I got to blogging. I will have a website later, but for now the blogging really works for me. It's something that I can do to share my creativity with the world right now.

Today I wanted to share some of the rough sketches in my art note book. I keep lots of them. I usually use whatever paper is on hand, but sometimes I doodle and sketch onto note paper. I have one with this wonderful brown cover and creamy buttery yellow paper inside. It reminds me of when I was in school. I was always doodling in class. I would come up with the funniest things, which would later be snatched up by my teachers. I know a few of them kept the funny little illustrations that I did. I love to people watch and so much of my sketches have to do with character building. I found this to be very important when working on children's books. The Art Directors and Editors want to know if you can first, create good characters and then remain consistant with your illustration of them. I learned from Peter H. Reynolds (A children's book Author and Illustrator) that you should draw something every single day. Do some kind of drawing before you go to bed at night. You never know where it will take you. I have been doing this and have found it to be so very helpful. Hopefully I have encouraged you to do it. "Just make a mark and see where it takes you." - Peter H. Reynolds.
Lets leave our mark on the arts together. Have an artful day!
Peace,
V.

No comments: