New Book

New Book
Grandma's Purse

Friday, June 27, 2008

Good Day All,
I think that I am getting the hang of blogging. I just uploaded a few new things that I've been working on. I am also learning the art of animation. There are so many websites out there that have great tutorials on animation. I would really like to put some animation on this blog if given the chance. I love stop animation. Remember Davey and Goliath and Gumby and Poky? I'm just a retro chick to the bone. Even the Charlie and Lola show has elements of stop animation about it. These things made me very happy as a child. I want to give children and the adults I meet just a little bit of that joy during the day. We have so much to deal with in the real world. We have stopped ourselves from day dreaming which is so important to anyone who wants to create. Daydreaming is a powerful tool in your art bin. It' s where ideas are birthed and stories are created. I am no preacher, but I want to encourage as many as I can. For everyone one person telling what you can do, you have 10 others that are saying just the opposite to you. " You'll never get published." No one will ever visit your blog." Do you really expect anyone to buy your art or even like it?" We hear it all the time. At 45 years of age I just choose not to listen or hear it anymore. I hope you do the same. Go out and create something. Even if you never put paint to paper try. Make a mark and see where it takes you today.

Peace

V.

3 comments:

2 Geechee Girls said...

I'm really digging your blog. You seem like someone I know. Much success with your illustration career.

Cheryl said...

LOVE< LOVE< LOVE your blog and YOU too Mz Vanessa!!! Love, the art, the design, the color, your expressive writing, your very oh so fun sense of humor and wonder magic view of life!
Can't wait to check in more to see more of your posts!
xo,
Mz Cheryl

_ said...

Your Blog is really awesome. I write too! Please be sure to check out my blog. Though it is still under construction. But please check it out. Nobody knows about it except me. I guess? Awesome blog still!!