New Book

New Book
Grandma's Purse

Monday, November 18, 2013


Hello Blogger Friends and Family, Soooooo sorry that I have been away so very long. I do apologize for that. Work calleth and I had to answer so I can keep food, roof and lights and computer on. Know what I mean??? I knew you would. It's been a long while. Gosh I miss you all so much! I really do. Life has been going on from deaths to births and jobs and no jobs and all kinds of good stuff. I say good because if we stay on the negative to long it will bring one down and as you know, and if you know Vanessa, that ain't me. Anywhooo, I am working on books and doing things that I hope share soon. Looking to do some videos on collage and showing you the day in the life of Vanessa Brantley-Newton. It's so not what you think LOL! Okay, so here are a few pieces that I have been working on. Still doing character studies and then there is a piece from a up coming book by Disney -Hyperion which is called "We Shall Over Come". And the very last is a personal piece. I think people are beautiful and that I get to capture them beautiful, flawed, happy or sad, is a blessing and it is my joy to share it all with you. Hope that you all are doing well and will be with the ones you love for the holiday. I will be back before then to share more with you all. Shalom and blessing!!

7 comments:

Thoughts for the day said...

Always LOVE your art work and wow that is so exciting sounds like things are going well, I know it is hard sometimes to be positive but you are doing it. God will bless you and be with you and keep you in peace.

Lisa M Griffin said...

Hello my dear, always a delight to read your note over my morning cup of coffee... gets the day started on a positive note. Plus the addition of some yummy eye candy.
Congrat's on the upcoming titles and have a lovely week.

k.h.whitaker said...

Veeeeeee!!!!! XOXOXO

Roberta said...

Oh busy lady, it's been awhile! So happy for your abundant success! <3

angelic pursuits said...

It made me smile a few weeks ago when I saw some of your books at our library. You may or may not remember me (it's been so long!), but your influence stays with me! I hope life gets better. You aren't someone to not rebound, but it's sometimes nice to have life work out, too. Good luck with your books! Your work is beautiful!

Kay Aker said...

I love your antic artistry! Small wonder you're so in demand!

Andrew W. Moir said...

Fantastic work! Such character you put into your creations. :)