New Book

New Book
Grandma's Purse

Friday, January 24, 2020

Traveling with Just Like Me


Hello Good People What's good? I have been on a tour for my new book Just Like Me with Random House and Knoff books. I am so very excited to share this wonderful book with you all. It is a book of poems about the things that children or girls go through growing up. We had such fun putting this book together. It made us think about our own childhoods and how we wanted to put into words and pictures what it looked like to us. I didn't have a clue how this book would effect the readers. It has been overwhelmingly sweet and touching. Every single child has shared something about how this book has touched them and I am so blessed to hear each of them Here are so pictures from one of my visits. It was with Embrace Girls in Miami Florida with Velma Lawerence who runs this awesome after school program for girls. It is fabulous. This women should receive every award afforded. She gives from the heart to these young ladies and teaches them so much about how to care for themselves spiritually, emotionally and physically. It's amazing to watch them. I learned so much. I wanted to share with you.

No comments: